Friday 4 January 2008

Ooh, I feel an obsession coming on

It's only been 2 days, but already I think I'm hooked on YouWriteOn. I've read 2 people's sample chapters so far, plus another 2 are waiting in my "reading assignments". So far, one has been excellent, one has been ok, and 2 (the ones that I've yet to start) look bloody awful. It's great though, because it gives a real sense of the general standard of writing that agents get as submissions and also an idea of how they must feel when they have to plough through the hundreds of sample chapters that arrive on their desks every week. Of course, there is also a teeny weeny bit of schadenfreude in it too, and a smug inner feeling of knowing that mine has got to be near the top of the pile in terms of quality (not of course that it's done me the slightest bit of good so far though!)

Otherwise, I'm staying very much in my cocoon - the extremely nauseous feeling that woke me at 5am on New Year's Day is still haunting me and it's so bloody cold outside that all I want to do is snuggle on the sofa by the fire. So much so, that I deliberately left my running kit at home today in order to stop myself from being tempted to go for a run!

I have to say I'm actually quite disappointed it hasn't snowed so far, and it doesn't look like it's going to now either. Princess O was very sweet when she was going to bed the other night and we were talking about building snowmen. She was getting upset because she didn't know how to make a snowball and wasn't big enough to roll it and make a snowman - ahhhh.

No comments: