Monday 28 January 2008

Fame at last

Found myself mentioned in a great blog this weekend: Gaping Void - how exciting! Building up my "web profile" - though I'm not sure what, if any good has come of it yet.

My obsession with YouWriteOn continues apace, though I've found a new one now too: Litopia which is an online "writers' colony" set up by an agent, with the intention of fostering new talent. Admission is by approval only, which naturally I passed! so I'm getting to know the good folk on there too. Only trouble is, in between having the most hideously busy week at work and doing our bathroom at the moment (think dust, gaping holes in walls, flushing the now open-plan loo with a bucket), reappraising my manuscript is taking a back seat so far away it is in the next car back!

Had dinner with a friend last week who is an editor, she suggested looking at the very dusty book I wrote a few years ago, which is languishing (as it probably should be) in the bottom drawer of the wardrobe. It seems the genre has come into fashion and in an ironic twist of fate, could be my ticket to the big time rather than the newer (and in my opinion better) book I've just written. All that effort for nothing eh?! Still it's worth a try, if I can build up the courage to get it out and look at it again!

No comments: